Thursday, November 10, 2011

Beat

Beat is a great word to examine it's different meanings. It's various meanings come from different backgrounds and thoughts. It can be a musical word, a word of winning, a word of violence and several other meanings.

As follows The "Word Thoughts" Blog will try and shed some light on this short and somewhat inconsequential word, which really does and can affect our everyday lives.




Beat: To dash against, the rain beats against the trees




Beat: to strike violently or forcefully and repeatedly.

Channing Tatum in the movie "Fight"


Beat: to throb or pulsate: his heart began to beat faster

 


 Beat: to make a constant rhythmic sound, as in playing the drums.



 Beat: Stir vigorously: beat the egg whites well




The Whispers - And The Beat goes On (1980)


BEAT

1 comment:

  1. I was gonna quote MJ's "Beat it" but then I realized that halfway through I would start quoting Weird Al's "Eat it" and nobody wants that, so then I was gonna use "We got the Beat", but Belinda Carlisle gets on my nerves, so I'll just say, good job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...